Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Birthday Smirthday

Hello friends!
This blog has officially come full circle! Just over a year ago I started this thing and shortly thereafter celebrated Matty's 22nd birthday! Yesterday he turned the big 2-3. I can't believe it! Remember how old 23 seemed when you were little? 
If you don't know let me just warn you, I am OBSESSED with celebrations- birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, good grades in hard classes, weddings, engagements, the list goes on and on AND ON! I love a reason to dress up, throw some confetti, and maybe have a party or two. Yesterday was no different. 
I started the day early by setting my alarm for twelve o'clock midnight! The celebrating has to start the earliest moment it can, right? Unfortunately, I set it for twelve o'clock pm instead of am so I woke up at 4:30 and realized I had missed it! I'd missed the first moments of his 23rd birthday. He was sleeping like a baby, though, so I just rolled over and went back to sleep. It seemed a little bit ridiculous to wake him up if it wasn't midnight! 
When my alarm actually went off for me to go to work and Matt to go to class I made a bolt for the living room when he jumped in the shower! It was time to decorate! I wish I would have gotten more pictures, but I had to run to work before I could capture any. The Google Fiber people had made a mess of our apartment the day before anyway and weren't finished, so the pictures would have been a disaster zone. I'm trying not to be too torn up over it! I managed to string a HAPPY BIRTHDAY banner and strands of streamers around the house before he got out of the shower. Talk about pressure! Boys showers do not last as long as you think they would! 
The rest of the day was spent at work and at school. Matt had a test and OWNED it! I think he's more excited about that than anything else I put together! I had told him that I had a surprise for him that night. I'm also obsessed with surprises! His best friend Joe was treating us to the Jazz game! 

I have been to more Jazz games in the past four months than in my whole life. Seriously. I had never been before January and now I've been to three! That was totally off topic, but anyway, we ate popcorn and cheered despite their indisputable loss and went to In 'N Out for shakes to end the night. The biggest birthday surprise, though, is that I'm taking him to see a Cirque Du Soleil show the end of June! This Vegas boy has never been and I've always wanted to go, so I decided to make it happen while it's still on our to-do list. 
Here's to a year full of many more blog posts, surprises, and fun times with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment