Saturday, April 13, 2013

How to have an indoor picnic

Step 1. Make sure you have enough room for said picnic. As it turns out, apartments tend to be small. This makes things tricky.
Step 2. Find a good big blanket. Red checkers preferred if you're going for the classic look.
Step 3. Choose your food.



With Matt being on his diet (Crohn's disease) making meals is well... the worst, so I kept things simple with yogurt parfaits, saltine crackers (holla at me if you're as obsessed with these as I am), quesadillas, and brownies!

Step 4: Make it fun. I should warn you now that I'm the worst photographer ever and even more terrible at planning blog posts, so I didn't take all the pictures I should have. For Matt's quesadilla I used cookie cutters to make fun shapes- dinosaurs, footballs, trucks, etc. Nothing takes you back to childhood like a T-rex shaped cheesy tortilla of goodness!

Step 5. BON APATITE!  

1 comment: