Saturday, April 13, 2013

Feelin' 22

I don't have very many good things to say about Taylor Swift these days (cue angry shouting from die hard fans), but she did make celebrating a 22 second birthday a breeze!
Matt turned 22 on Monday and I wanted it to be a MASSIVE success considering our newlywed status, and the fact that I'm obsessed with birthdays. We woke up to fierce winds (who knew it was windy ALL THE TIME IN VEGAS) and a bit of rain which makes Matt's job as a car washer basically null. What was I going to do? I needed him to leave for at least a little bit so I could decorate the apartment! Luckily he decided to go in for a little while anyway and told me he would be home at nine.
I rushed around the apartment throwing colored sticky notes all over the walls. Thank goodness our abode is small! Then I waited....
 At 9:30 he text me to tell me he wouldn't be home until 11:00.
At 11:00 he said he wouldn't be home until 11:30.
At 12:00 he said he wasn't getting off early and to expect him at the usual time.
Bummer.
BUT I did get time to throw together the cutest indoor picnic. It really helps when you don't have a couch taking up all the space, right?
We ended the night with PF Changs and the NCAA championship game. Matt said it was the best birthday he's ever had, and even if he's lying about that I will proudly mark that off my list of life goals! Ten points for married life!
LOOK! There's one of the sticky notes in the right upper corner!



1 comment: