Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Carnivals, Conferences, and Hot 'N Juicy Crawfish



Wow, welcome back everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for so long. Let me start out by apologizing for the poor picture quality. Iphones sure are cute, but not always the best for photography.

The past few weeks for Matt and I have been CRAZY!

Mid-June meant the Strawberry Days Festival in my hometown. Let's just say there were lots of strawberries and cream, carnival rides (that we watched but did not participate in. Getting old is rough) and catching up with old friends. Call me a bad Pleasant Grove-ian, but I've actually never been to the carnival before. My mom has this thing about crowds and over-priced goodies. Now I know where she was coming from!

This is the ONE and ONLY picture I got from Strawberry Days. I'm kind of a lame face, obviously, and the colors were all way off so that's why it's not in color. If you use your imagination you just might see the Ferris Wheel in the background! 

The end of June took us to our old stomping ground- the big LV. Matt had a work conference down there that I got to help out with... for a small price of course--> 
*spear* means spare. Words are hard.


You read that right, my beautiful people! Matt promised to get me a kitty when we get a house. You'll be happy to know that I did hold up my end of the deal and didn't complain or say mean things about myself. You also should know that the asterisk in the text was connected to "Sentence may change with circumstance." That kid. I swear. He's hilarious. 


The conference actually ended up being a blast. Not like a surprise-we-get-Disneyland-all-to-ourselves-and-all-of-the-food-is-free kind of blast, more like a this-is-new-exciting-and-slightly-terrifying kind of blast. But, hey, a blast is a blast, right? 

They are such goofs. 
After the conference the BMOC (big man on campus) took all of the staff to a little restaurant in Vegas called Hot 'N Juicy Crawfish. Imagine no utensils, plastic bags full of steaming hot POUNDS of seafood, and smelling like Cajun for at least two weeks and you get the picture. It's an experience to be had, that's for sure. 


Okay, so let's hear it! What have you guys been up to? Am I the only one that can't do carnival rides anymore? I get nauseous just thinking about them. There was that one ride that has you stand around the outside and the force of gravity sucks you against the wall so you won't fall out. That just looks like an accident waiting to happen! 

Any fun, crazy adventures this summer? After all, isn't that what summer is for? 


Love, Cami




SPOILER- Matt and I have been up to something very exciting, but you'll just have to check in later for more details on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment