Friday, June 6, 2014

The [wonderful] world of couple dating

As a singleton, I thought dating was rough.
What to wear,
what to say,
how to act?!
It was SO much unnecessary pressure.


I thought all of that nonsense would disappear once I got married. I mean, this man has seen me at my worst and had to deal with my dragon breath every morning. What could be worse than that? I mean seriously, I could light a match with how fiery my breath is, even when I floss before bed. What's up with that?

Anyway, there's this weird thing that happens when you get married called "making friends". Finding a couple that both people like is way trickier than you would imagine. At least when you're a singleton it's just about you and him (or her). Now, it's about him and him and her and her and him and her and her and him. HELLO! Talk about a rough ride sometimes. Matt and I have gone on quite a few... interesting... couple dates. Sometimes four people just don't quite mesh and there's nothing wrong with that at all, heck, if it was easy it would be called be easy-ing! Sorry, that was a lame joke. I guess what all of this madness is leading into is a few of the categories of couples I've heard about and occasionally experienced.


+ The "Inside Joke" Couple: We don't actually have any idea what you're talking about. None. At all. So, no that isn't funny to us.

A trip to the dentist makes all the difference (24 pics) - awkward_smile



+ The "We Fight in Public" Couple: I'm just going to sit over here and look at the wall...

MRW Im eating dinner with my girlfriends parents for the first time and her dad tells me about his gun collection



+ The "Newlywed" Couple: Because who doesn't love to watch public fondling?

gag gif



+ The "How Did You Two End Up Together" Couple: Need I say more?





And then there are those couples that you just *click* with.




You know who you are.


Love,
Cami



P.S. This was not intended to hurt or offend. I'm just trying to be funny. For my documented struggle to be a comedian, please read here.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU a million times for this post! making friends when you are married is hard business, and you nailed it with the couple stereotypes. i think the PDA couple might be my least favorite, right? like, should i finish my sentence if you just started kissing your husband while i was in the middle of it?? anyway, i loved every word of this. and every gif. thanks for sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete