Friday, July 18, 2014

Buffalo Bill and Me

Howdy, friends!  (That was my attempt to sound really American.) 




While many of you are getting ready for RED HOT Friday night plans, I'm watching Matt do homework and making a deLISHes dinner! Sometimes I'm a good wife. Well, actually, it's a brand new recipe so we'll so how good it ends up tasting. 
Anywho, I thought that while I let the onions simmer and the fish bake, I would catch everyone up on the adventure our Fourth of July vacation turned out to be. (Please bless dinner NOT to burn while I'm writing this!) 

Matt's mom is from the teeny, tiny town of Cody, Wyoming. Population 9520. Okay, so I guess it's not really a teeny, tiny town, but it IS an adorable tourist spot. For those of you who don't know, Cody was named about the one and only Buffalo Bill Cody. That's right! Buffalo Bill of Buffalo Bill's Wild West! Please tell me someone else knows what that is! 

Well, we got to drive through Yellowstone on the way up there and I could have died right then and there and been happy. I'm one of those people that get's emotional and existential about nature.
"Who am I?" 
"What is my purpose in this life?" 
"Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon?" 
Matt has learned quickly to hand me a box of tissues and continue driving. Despite my runny eyes, I managed to take some BEAUTIFUL pictures. I have never been all the way through the park. Did you know there's a lake in Yellowstone? It's not even a small lake. I mean this thing is HUGE and delicious to look at. I'll prove it. 



Do you see that? MMM... I'm obsessed. 

Here's a picture of my face and the lake. 



See, I really like nature.

Friday morning we woke up early and went to the parade. You can't beat the festivities of an All-American Town. 




We are never on the same track when taking pictures. He pulls a face, so I pull a face, but he isn't pulling a face anymore. It's a trial. 


We finished the day by hugging Polar Bears and doing attractive things in front of a teepee.


I love America. 



Love,
Cami 


P.S. >>>>
What did you do for Independence day? I probably should have taken some pictures of fireworks or something, but instead I spilled orange Popsicle on my white shorts and had to wear my ugly jean ones for the rest of the day. "George just lucky I guess."

 

1 comment:

  1. I love Cody, WY!!! My husband used to work at the Buffalo Bill Scout Camp just outside of town. That's actually where we want to end up living. Small world :)
    -Kristen Zabriskie

    ReplyDelete