Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving Tales

Getting married means splitting holidays between families and this year we had Thanksgiving with the whole Lish clan. I mean, thirty five people at a table kind of a clan! I was nervous. I had only met most of these people once or twice and I was expected to share my stuffing with them. I'm not very good at sharing stuffing! But, I put on my big girl pants, and tried to act civil. It was so much fun. No, let me try that again--- IT WAS SO MUCH FUN... and I didn't have to fight anyone for stuffing. Katie brought one of her friends from Thailand who has only been in America for a few months and, heaven bless her, I think she's been scarred for life. She forgot her pajamas and Grandma told her, "Oh don't worry, you can sleep naked! We don't care." It turns out Thai people don't take comments like that very well. We all got a good laugh out of it despite her embarrassment.
Thursday was Turkey Day and we started it off with family pictures. There must be something wrong with me because I love pictures! Getting married was the best decision of my life because I got to pose for about a million and a half pictures that day. Anyway, like it always seems to happen, after about 10 pictures the rest of the family was ready to call it quits and I was just getting my SMIZE down. Tyra would have been proud. Unfortunately, because I'm growing out my bangs I look like a well-dressed sheepdog in most of them. Live, learn, and eat more turkey. 



Here's to the model in all of us,
Cami




No comments:

Post a Comment