Friday, November 8, 2013

The Start of Something Amazing

Hello again!
I promised to write again soon and thanks to the scheduling tool in blogger I was able to write this shortly after my last post without any time lapse. I write to you from the couch of my in-laws' house, picking the mascara off my eyelashes and wondering whether or not I should search their kitchen for chocolate chips. It's nights like this, nights where the lighting is dim without being dark and I'm just tired enough to focus on one thing at a time, that I think about my life as a whole.
I've always wanted to be one of those bloggers. You know the ones I'm talking about! They're funny, or crafty, etc, etc, etc. It's been tricky. When I read my original blog I snicker at my pitiful attempts to be interesting. I wanted to be popular! I wanted people to say, "Did you read Cami's last blog post? It was crazy/interesting/hilarious/inspiring/..." you feel in the blank. I didn't accomplish that. It's pretty disgusting, actually. I know that blogging shouldn't be about gaining followers, but I couldn't help but want them! I still can't. I hope that I've matured enough over the past year that this blog will be different. Do I still want to be likable? To a fault, yes. Will this blog be catalogued with my cute outfits, or decadent desserts? Maybe once in a while. Like I admitted in my last post, I'm horrible about taking pictures. I really have huge aspirations to be an average photographer I'm just lazier than a cat on a Sunday afternoon. Can you count on embarrassingly lame analogies? You betcha! Will I occasionally go to my "thoughtful place" and pull out some deep musings? Sure! I can't promise that I'm going to always be interesting, or that every post is going to have a witty one liner. Heaven knows, I'm more clever in my mind than I am in reality, so take a deep breath, put on your favorite pair of gym shorts, and let's start this blogging adventure together.
P.S. That's me in the white dress. 
Three cheers for marriage!

Thanks for joining me,
Cami

1 comment: